Students and investors wishing to know more about our Canadian Public companies, should know about the SEDAR web site. Financial information is provided , such as:
1. Annual Financial statements issued quarterly and year end
2.MD&A ( Management Discussion and Analysis reports)
3. Press Releases, provide the most recent and up-to-date corporate disclosures
www.sedar.com is the official site that provides access to most public securities documents and information filed by public companies and investment funds with the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) in the SEDAR filing system.
The statutory objective in making public this filed information is to enhance investor awareness of the business and affairs of public companies and investment funds and to promote confidence in the transparent operation of capital markets in Canada.
Achieving this objective relies heavily on the provision of accurate information on market participants.
The System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval (SEDAR) is a filing system developed for the Canadian Securities Administrators to:
- facilitate the electronic filing of securities information as required by the securities regulatory agencies in Canada;
- allow for the public dissemination of Canadian securities information collected in the securities filing process; and
- provide electronic communication between electronic filers, agents and the Canadian securities regulatory agencies
For more information visit: SEDAR.com
1. Visit SEDAR.COM, select your favorite Canadian Public Company: Review the most recent Press Release, MD&A and Annual Report: Did you find this site useful?
2.Would you consider this site for any future equity investments?
3. Is this site only useful for investors?
Leave a Reply