One in three employers around the world is having a hard time finding qualified talent —
including accounting and finance staff — according to a survey by US-based global staffing
service ManpowerGroup. Of the employers polled, 90% say available job candidates do not
have the necessary skills and experience, have insufficient qualifications or lack soft skills.
The hardest jobs to fill globally this year are:
2. Sales representatives
3. Skilled trades workers
7. Accounting and finance staff
8. IT staff
9. Production operators
10. Secretaries, administrative assistants and office support staff.
1. Are you considering a profession in Accounting? Why?
2. Do you think there will always be a demand for Accountants, in both good and poor economies?
3. Do you know anyone who works in Finance? What do they do?